“This dish features orzo, black olives, artichoke hearts, and fresh tomatoes plus a basil, balsamic, and olive oil dressing.”
Serving: 10 | Prep: 20m | Ready in: 30m
• 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil, or to taste
• 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 (6 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
• Boil a big pot of lightly salted water. Let the orzo cook in the boiling water for 8-10 minutes while mixing from time to time, until completely cooked yet firm to chew; drain.
• To make the dressing, whisk the basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl.
• In a big bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and cooked orzo together. Mix in the dressing into the orzo mixture, until all the ingredients are coated well. Serve chilled or warm.
• Calories: 304 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 35.5 g
• Cholesterol: 4 mg
• Total Fat: 14.8 g
• Protein: 8.2 g
• Sodium: 360 mg