“This is a perfect orzo pasta that is ideal for cookouts or casual picnics. Serve warm or chilled will bring you the same quality.”
Serving: 8 servings. | Prep: 20m | Ready in: 35m
• 1 can (49 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 package (16 oz.) orzo pasta
• 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 2 tsps. oil from the jar
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
• Optional toppings: crumbled feta cheese and chickpeas
• Bring broth in a big saucepan to a boil. Stir in orzo and bring back to a boil. Cook until tender or for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring sometimes.
• Drain orzo and place into a big bowl. (Save broth for another use or get rid of it.) Stir in pepper, salt, garlic, oil from sun-dried tomatoes and tomatoes, then allow to cool totally.
• Put in basil and Parmesan cheese, then give a toss to mix. Cover and chill until serving. Serve with toppings if you want.
• Calories: 255 calories
• Total Carbohydrate: 44 g
• Cholesterol: 2 mg
• Total Fat: 3 g
• Fiber: 2 g
• Protein: 11 g
• Sodium: 570 mg