“This salad is an ideal way to use up leftover chicken in your fridge, however, this is really a Mediterranean delight with the combination of olives, artichokes, pasta and sun-dried tomatoes.”
Serving: 2 servings. | Prep: 15m | Ready in: 30m
• 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 oz.)
• 3/4 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
• 3 cups Italian-blend salad greens
• 1/2 cup quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
• 8 pitted ripe olives
• 2 tbsps. chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
• 2 tbsps. chopped walnuts
• 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
• Grill chicken with a cover on moderate heat or broil about 4-inch away from heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side, until a thermometer reaches 170°, then set aside.
• Following the package directions to cook pasta. At the same time, mix together tomatoes, olives, artichokes and salad greens in a big serving bowl. Cube the chicken. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water, then place chicken and pasta into salad greens.
• Pour dressing over salad then sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Toss to coat then serve promptly.
• Calories: 349 calories
• Total Carbohydrate: 34 g
• Cholesterol: 52 mg
• Total Fat: 12 g
• Fiber: 4 g
• Protein: 28 g
• Sodium: 852 mg